My domain is:
I ran this command: i used acme wacs.exe to install certs for both
api.kcsoccerdome.com and kcsoccerdome.com.
It produced this output: The site loads fine in Chrome, but not IE/Safari
My web server is (include version): Windows VM
The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):Windows 2012
My hosting provider, if applicable, is:
I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): yes
I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): no
The version of my client is (e.g. output of
certbot --version or
certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot):
October 17, 2019, 11:26pm
What kind of error or problem do you get in those other browsers? Are all three running on the same machine and configured in the same way?
Thanks for following up. When I view on safari iPhone it pops up saying it requires a client certificate then shows two long number/char strings that look the same.
Chrome on Mac just loads the background color of the site and seems to stall. Similar on Windows.
I do have an IIS rule redirecting http to https not sure if that would be causing any issues.
October 17, 2019, 11:47pm
It’s true that the site is sending a TLS 1.2 CertificateRequest message to the client, which I guess is prompting Safari to actively try to authenticate with a client certificate. Maybe you need to configure the web server not to request client authentication.
That was it thank you. The SSL Settings radio button was selected to Accept vs Ignore
Actually that seemed to work for Safari but not IE…
yep, IE11 doesn’t work, Edge works.
I developed it with React. Likely more of a React issue and not LetsEncrypt at this point. I did start with create React app, so not sure why this would be.
November 17, 2019, 9:01am
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.