Revocation of the certificate

Good evening,
I am a beginner in IT. I recently set-up a server in my house to host a website.
I asked for a certificate one month ago.
This morning, just for fun i thought i would reset the all thing -erasing and reinstalling- so now the certification public and private keys are gone.
Now i can’t login in the user interface of my server because firefox do not let me add a security exception
I have read this :
https://letsencrypt.org/docs/revoking/ and installed certbot but i more or less understand their are not many chance to revoke the certificate without the keys.
Is their anyway i revoke the certificate without any key or do i have to wait 60 days to reach the 90 days for the certificate not to be renewed ?
Thank you for the time you will take to reply

My domain is: pigeonsrapides.fr

My web server is (include version): brique internet / olimex lime2 ARM

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): (was) Yunohost 2.7.1

My hosting provider, if applicable, is : myself
My domain name is registered at godaddy

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): not anymore

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no,.

First off, this is not a reason to revoke the certificate. That’s only needed if the private key has been compromised - it has not effect on rate limits or anything.

You can issue a new certificate at any point (inside the max attempts for the various rate limits - up to five duplicate certificates in seven days being the first one to watch for) by just following the same process you used to issue this initially.

Thank you.
but as firefox says :
This website uses HTTP Strict Transport Security to tell firefox to only establish secure connexions. Therefore it is not possible to add an exception safety for this certificate.
Ce site a recours à HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) pour indiquer à Firefox de n’établir qu’une connexion sécurisée. Ainsi il n’est pas possible d’ajouter d’exception pour ce certificat.
How can i logg in the user interface of the server ?

Can you administer the server via a command line, using an ssh client?

If you can use Chromium/Chrome instead of Firefox, you can type in thisisunsafe at the HSTS error screen to bypass it. (Before Chrome 65, you need to type badidea).

Good Morning,
Thank you for telling me it was not a certificate problem.
not sure it is of interest but if anybody has the same problem here is how to get rid of this problem with firefox :
delete all appearance of the adress in the history
CLOSE FIREFOX IF NOT HE REWRITES the MODICATIONS
find the folder SitesecurityService.txt in the profile folder Mozilla/firefox
open it and delete the lines corresponding to the problematic adress
restart firefox
Thank you for your help and sorry for taking the wrong direction :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.