Renewing the certificate

Hi, I received this email recently from Lets Encrypt and it states that my SSL certs are going to expire in a few days and that I need to renew them.

I have already set up auto-renew on in by Ubuntu 16.04 AWS EC2 instance with a cron job.

This is what I get as a result when I look up the domain name on check-your-website for the certificate expiry dates

So, my question is should I disregard the email I have received from lets encrypt because check-your-website states that they are not expiring any time soon. Or is the email correct? How do I know which info is right?

PS: Please use the links attached above to see the screenshots if the images are broken.

Hi @jclinton830

please read the mail. Both informations are correct.

If you’ve issued a new certificate that adds or removes a name relative to your old certificate, you will get expiration email about your old certificate. If you check the certificate currently running on your website, and it shows the correct date, no further action is needed.

Your certificates

Issuer not before not after Domain names LE-Duplicate next LE
Let's Encrypt Authority X3 2019-09-07 2019-12-06 2020sight.com, www.2020sight.com
2 entries
Let's Encrypt Authority X3 2019-07-09 2019-10-07 2020sight.com, www.2020sight.com
2 entries
Let's Encrypt Authority X3 2019-07-08 2019-10-06 2020sight.com
1 entries

So you have one certificate with one domain name. But you don't use that certificate.

1 Like

Thank you very much for clarifying that. That makes sense now.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.