Renewall configuration is broken

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better.

My domain is:
woe
I ran this command:
certbot renew

It produced this output:
Cert not yet due for renewal

Processing /etc/letsencrypt/renewal/forum.woe.fr.conf

Attempting to parse the version 0.10.0 renewal configuration file found at /etc/ letsencrypt/renewal/forum.woe.fr.conf with version 0.9.3 of Certbot. This might not work.
expected /etc/letsencrypt/live/forum.woe.fr/cert.pem to be a symlink
Renewal configuration file /etc/letsencrypt/renewal/forum.woe.fr.conf is broken. Skipping.

My operating system is (include version):debian 8

My web server is (include version):Apache v2.4.10

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:ovh

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know):YES

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):
no

can you help me to solve it ?
May be it’s more easy to install it again ? Before i must use a command with a script.
how can i fix this error ? thx a lot for you help, my ssl finish in 16 day !

Just a couple of guesses here…

If you originally used certbot-auto to obtain the certificate, then it’s safest to renew it using certbot-auto renew, rather than certbot renew.

If you copied the configuration files in /etc/letsencrypt/ from another server, or from a backup, then you should know that some of the files are actually symbolic links, and you should use a method of copying that preserves these symbolic links.

If you used certbot-auto on another server to obtain the certificate, but you prefer to use certbot on this one, then your best option is to backup and delete the whole /etc/letsencrypt folder and start again from scratch.

2 Likes

I agree with the concern: this is probably due to somehow copying /etc/letsencrypt in a way that didn’t preserve symlink structure!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.