Renewal Configuration File .conf is broken

My domain is: gastricsleeve.co.nz

I ran this command: certbot renew --dry-run

It produced this output:
Saving debug log to /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log

Processing /etc/letsencrypt/renewal/gastricsleeve.co.nz-0001.conf

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/snap/certbot/420/lib/python3.8/site-packages/certbot/_internal/renewal.py”, line 65, in _reconstitute
renewal_candidate = storage.RenewableCert(full_path, config)
File “/snap/certbot/420/lib/python3.8/site-packages/certbot/_internal/storage.py”, line 445, in init
raise errors.CertStorageError(
certbot.errors.CertStorageError: renewal config file {‘version’: ‘0.31.0’, ‘archive_dir’: ‘/etc/letsencrypt/archive/gastricsleeve.co.nz-0001’, ‘cert-path’: ‘/etc/letsencrypt/live/gastricsleeve.co.nz-0001/cert.pem’, ‘privkey’: ‘/etc/letsencrypt/live/gastricsleeve.co.nz-0001/privkey.pem’, ‘chain’: ‘/etc/letsencrypt/live/gastricsleeve.co.nz-0001/chain.pem’, ‘fullchain’: ‘/etc/letsencrypt/live/gastricsleeve.co.nz-0001/fullchain.pem’, ‘renewalparams’: {‘account’: ‘6ac2cccec2a0246f1f989176f9199952’, ‘authenticator’: ‘nginx’, ‘server’: ‘https://acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org/directory’}} is missing a required file reference
Renewal configuration file /etc/letsencrypt/renewal/gastricsleeve.co.nz-0001.conf is broken. Skipping.

** DRY RUN: simulating ‘certbot renew’ close to cert expiry
** (The test certificates below have not been saved.)

No renewals were attempted.

Additionally, the following renewal configurations were invalid:
/etc/letsencrypt/renewal/gastricsleeve.co.nz.conf (parsefail)
** DRY RUN: simulating ‘certbot renew’ close to cert expiry
** (The test certificates above have not been saved.)

0 renew failure(s), 1 parse failure(s)

My web server is (include version): nginx

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: n/a

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): yes

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): no

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot): certbot 1.6.0

1 Like

If I read the certbot source code correctly, the value cert-path in the configuration file should be just cert.

1 Like

Thank you @Osiris, you are correct.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.