Renewal suddenly stopped two days ago

Wow... ok.

I thought this was a safe environment open to opinion and discussions. Sounds like I'm done. Thank most of you all for your support, at least those that are supportive to the concept of a discussion.

Have a great evening

1 Like

If humans can't have civil discussions about things they disagree on, then how will they ever understand any other point of view?

I don't get paid to "work" here.
Although I may not have the best people skills... and I may not say things in the most delicate way...
I do try to help inform all of things they may not be aware of.
I never say anything that I would not want to hear being said to me. [do onto others...]

If I am not included in the group you found supportive, then I've clearly been misunderstood:

If you feel that I have not allowed you to discuss anything, please let me know where I went wrong.
It was never my intention to come of as hostile or unwilling to enter into discussion.

In any case, cheers from Miami :beers:

4 Likes

If my "Community leader" label isn't enough to instill trust, then please have a look at the summary of my volunteered time here:
Summary - rg305 - Let's Encrypt Community Support (letsencrypt.org)

Maybe it can say what I have clearly failed to...
I'm here only to help.

6 Likes

But how is that firewall managed? You just said "no api access", which made me think the firewall might implement iptables.

The machine the firewall is on is irrelevant. Switching the rules on a remote machine can often be done with a short script that SSH's into the firewall and loads/unloads rules as needed. Using a tool like Fabric can make that script fairly simple and easy to maintain.

Sidnote: Fabric is really useful in multi-node setups, as you quickly write a script that deploys a Certbot certificate onto multiple remote machines and restarts them.

4 Likes

If you don't mind my asking, it looks like something someone posted here might have been off-putting to you in some way. Upon fully reviewing this thread, I think maybe there might have been a misunderstanding, but I'd like to clarify with you directly if that's ok. I'm asking for feedback purposes to better understand the interactions. If you feel more comfortable direct messaging me, you can click on my username (griffin) then click the "Message" box. No obligation here. Just trying to help make this community the best it can be. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.