Renewal certs error by certbot renew --dry-run

certbot renew --dry-run

Attempting to renew cert from /etc/letsencrypt/renewal/www.--------.com.conf produced an unexpected error: The manual plugin is not working; there may be problems with your existing configuration.
The error was: PluginError(‘An authentication script must be provided with --manual-auth-hook when using the manual plugin non-interactively.’,). Skipping.

i creat certs throngth certbot certonly --manual, somebody hepl me, tks…

Hi @zdragon11,

certbot renew is designed to run completely non-interactively so that it can be run automatically (typically twice per day from cron). This is inconsistent with renewing certs using the manual plugin, because those require some kind of human intervention.

Your main options are to switch the way that you obtain certs to a different plugin (which will be compatible with unattended automated renewal), or to re-run the same certonly command that you originally used to acquire the cert. When Certbot notices that you have an equivalent existing cert that’s less than a month away from expiring, it will let you repeat the process of obtaining it but it will save the new cert in the same place as the old one (as a “renewal”).

you mean the manual counldn`t renewal automatically, it is not work by the other way, because my enviromnet is nginx(centos) + iis(win server). als thank you!!!

Yes, typically any certificate obtained with certbot --manual cannot be renewed by certbot renew, only by running the same certbot --manual command again.

ok,understand, thank you!!!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.