I see this as not a bug, but some hickup that better having fixed. If it sounds like a user error (my error), please educate me, thanks!
Today I logged into my server and found an automatic update fail log, so I do the manual upgrade and the script runs smoothly.
However, I just noticed that my machine reports an SSL error (OMG!) After some digging, I found out that the certificate issue has an actual date and time same as timestamp when run certbot update.
My machine is around 2 minutes behind global time, and that’s the reason of error. After I waited for 2 minutes, I can access my website fine.
Certification valid from: Thursday, July 2, 2020 3:48:27 PM
My machine’s time: Thursday, July 2, 2020 3:46:01 PM (OUCH!)
My IT guy setup my machine like this, I knew it, but never bother to fix the time. However, having it properly synced, I wouldn’t experience this blackout.
I can control my own machine, but I couldn’t control other user’s machine. It would be great if I can set the certificate valid date a little back into the past, or something else that can fix this blackout window.
Thanks for your time!