Renew script for letsencrypt-cert send error

I mad an upgrade, not any more
script: "letsencrypt certonly -t --standalone --keep -d mydomain"
the certificate is still valid, but i see this:

The program apache2 (process ID 21951) is already listening on TCP port 80. This
will prevent us from binding to that port. Please stop the apache2 program
temporarily and then try again.

Press Enter to ContinueAn unexpected error occurred:
EOFError: EOF when reading a line
Please see the logfiles in /var/log/letsencrypt for more details.

/var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log/
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/letsencrypt/auth_handler.py”, line 115, in _solve_challenges
dv_resp = self.dv_auth.perform(self.dv_c)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/letsencrypt/plugins/standalone.py”, line 207, in perform
if any(util.already_listening(port, renewer) for port in self._necessary_ports):
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/letsencrypt/plugins/standalone.py”, line 207, in
if any(util.already_listening(port, renewer) for port in self._necessary_ports):
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/letsencrypt/plugins/util.py”, line 65, in already_listening
height=13)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/letsencrypt/display/util.py”, line 202, in notification
raw_input(“Press Enter to Continue”)

2017-07-13 22:01:19,103:DEBUG:letsencrypt.error_handler:Calling registered functions
2017-07-13 22:01:19,103:INFO:letsencrypt.auth_handler:Cleaning up challenges
2017-07-13 22:01:19,164:DEBUG:letsencrypt.cli:Exiting abnormally:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/bin/letsencrypt”, line 9, in
load_entry_point(‘letsencrypt==0.4.1’, ‘console_scripts’, ‘letsencrypt’)()
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/letsencrypt/cli.py”, line 1986, in main
return config.func(config, plugins)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/letsencrypt/cli.py”, line 706, in obtain_cert
_, action = _auth_from_domains(le_client, config, domains, lineage)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/letsencrypt/cli.py”, line 457, in _auth_from_domains
new_certr, new_chain, new_key, _ = le_client.obtain_certificate(domains)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/letsencrypt/client.py”, line 252, in obtain_certificate
return self.obtain_certificate_from_csr(domains, csr) + (key, csr)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/letsencrypt/client.py”, line 225, in obtain_certificate_from_csr
authzr = self.auth_handler.get_authorizations(domains)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/letsencrypt/auth_handler.py”, line 80, in get_authorizations
cont_resp, dv_resp = self._solve_challenges()
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/letsencrypt/auth_handler.py”, line 115, in _solve_challenges
dv_resp = self.dv_auth.perform(self.dv_c)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/letsencrypt/plugins/standalone.py”, line 207, in perform
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/letsencrypt/plugins/standalone.py”, line 207, in
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/letsencrypt/plugins/util.py”, line 65, in already_listening
height=13)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/letsencrypt/display/util.py”, line 202, in notification
raw_input(“Press Enter to Continue”)

Hi @akaro, how did you choose to use --standalone? Normally --standalone is intended for use when you don’t have an existing web server (such as Apache). If you do, --apache and --webroot methods are often more suitable, except in special circumstances.

thx 4 feedback

ok. i will change |–standalone |to |–apache
|

||
you descripe |–apache| and |–webroot |so you mean better:

letsencrypt certonly -t --apache --webroo --keep -d mydomoin ?

hopefully the system don`t need a separatly stop for the apache service

my next chron job will start in the night

--apache and --webroot are alternatives; you should pick one of the two rather than using both.

--apache tries to reconfigure your Apache web server and performs a domain control validation on port 443.

--webroot creates a temporary file that is served by your web server (you have to tell it where to do this, usually with the -w option), and performs a domain control validation on port 80.

hello Mr

thx a lot

with --apache option i got this “error” message

The apache plugin is not working; there may be problems with your existing configuration.
The error was: NoInstallationError()

I dont understand what that mean. You know it?

btw, i renew it twice time manual :wink:

You might have a different operating system package (like certbot-apache or python-certbot-apache) which you can install with your operating system package manager to get support for --apache.

If you look at

and fill in the appropriate operating system and "Apache", it can most likely suggest how you could install it.

wauw
a lot of stuff

in the next schedule i will automate it with certbot. in the past i read
somthing about it, but you need spechial software
from certbot.

you helped me very well

thx a lot

alexandr

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.