Renew expired certificate on windows server2019

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: faw.co.za

I ran this command: certbot renew --force-renewal

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version): 1.22.0

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Server 2019

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know): I don't know

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): no

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot): certbot 1.22.0

Just as a point of clarification. I did not setup or create the site or any of the certificates to the site. FAW.co.za is a new customer of mine and I'm trying to assit them with this certificate. I have no details of previous setups any help in getting the certificate renewed would be appreciated

1 Like

When anything is broken, certs won't be issued.
That doesn't forcibly fix anything that is broken.
You need to fix what is broken before a cert can be issued.

So, have you provided the correct webroot paths?
Have you tried (or considered) using another Windows ACME client?

3 Likes

Thanks for the response. I Managed to figure out what I had to do.

To answer the question re webroot paths: Yes I have made sure that the webroot paths to all the domains was in the config file.

How I resolved the issue:

I first deleted the expired certificates with certbot delete --cert-name %my certificate name%
Then I ran certbot certonly and followed the prompts making sure that I placed the certs in the webroot path
Then I stopped and started the Apache webserver service on the Windows 2019 server and bob was my uncle. Problem resolved.

Lets now wait and see of I would need to follow the same process again in 3 monhts or if it will auto renew as intended.

Regards

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.