Received email notification on certificate expiring although it is not

Hi,
I received an email saying that my certificate is about to expiry, however I have my certbot running and doing automatic renewal, so that should not happen. I ran commands and also checked certificate expiration date on my Chrome and it expires on 24 of august, so it should be fine, so I don’t understand why the email. This is the email anyway (just the first line, to make it short):

Your certificate (or certificates) for the names listed below will expire in 19 days (on 31 Jul 20 20:13 +0000). Please make sure to renew your certificate before then, or visitors to your website will encounter errors.

So, can anyone tell me what is going on? Thanks!

My domain is: betalord.com (and some others, see below)

I ran this command: certbot certificates

It produced this output:

Found the following certs:
Certificate Name: betalord.com
Domains: betalord.com files.betalord.com sangiovannidecollato.it sgx.betalord.com webmail.betalord.com webmail2.betalord.com webmail3.betalord.com www.betalord.com www.sangiovannidecollato.it
Expiry Date: 2020-08-24 11:54:41+00:00 (VALID: 40 days)
Certificate Path: /etc/letsencrypt/live/betalord.com/fullchain.pem
Private Key Path: /etc/letsencrypt/live/betalord.com/privkey.pem

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Ubuntu 20.04

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): yes

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot): certbot 0.40.0

Hi @Betalord

please read the complete mail and the link shared in the mail. Then read your complete check - https://check-your-website.server-daten.de/?q=betalord.com#ct-logs

There

Issuer not before not after Domain names LE-Duplicate next LE
Let's Encrypt Authority X3 2020-05-26 2020-08-24 betalord.com, files.betalord.com, sangiovannidecollato.it, sgx.betalord.com, webmail.betalord.com, webmail2.betalord.com, webmail3.betalord.com, www.betalord.com, www.sangiovannidecollato.it - 9 entries
Let's Encrypt Authority X3 2020-05-14 2020-08-12 betalord.com, sangiovannidecollato.it, sgx.betalord.com, webmail.betalord.com, webmail2.betalord.com, webmail3.betalord.com, www.betalord.com, www.sangiovannidecollato.it - 8 entries
Let's Encrypt Authority X3 2020-05-13 2020-08-11 betalord.com, sangiovannidecollato.it, sgx.betalord.com, webmail.betalord.com, www.betalord.com, www.sangiovannidecollato.it - 6 entries
Let's Encrypt Authority X3 2020-05-09 2020-08-07 betalord.com, sangiovannidecollato.it, sgx.betalord.com, www.betalord.com, www.sangiovannidecollato.it - 5 entries
Let's Encrypt Authority X3 2020-05-02 2020-07-31 betalord.com, www.betalord.com - 2 entries

is your certificate that expires - 2020-07-31.

OK, I understand that only one of the domains expires early, but let me ask differently: why doesn’t certbot take care of that? I have registered all of the domains with certbot, it should detect which expire when and update accordingly, right?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.