Really Simple SSL doesn't complete creation of SSL certificate

Hello,

I am using Really Simple SSL plugin to create a SSL cert at my WordPress website. During Generation program stops sending a message "Attempt 5. RSA keypair export failed!" Can you, please, show me the way to complete the SSL certificate creation.

Thanks,

Slobodan Kosanovi

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: cannafinex,club

I ran this command: Really Simple SSL to create a certificate

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):WordPress 6.1.1.

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Windows Server 2019

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: private hosting server at TierPoint.

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):Yes

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):no

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):Certbot 2.0.0

This sounds like a question that would be better directed toward whatever support channels exist for this WordPress plugin--it doesn't appear to have anything to do with Let's Encrypt.

5 Likes

How does Certbot come into play if you're using "Really Simple SSL" to create a cert?

Also, I agree with Dan here: if a WordPress plugin is giving you trouble, this Community is probably not the best place to request help with that. The experience with those plugins is almost non-existing here and usually there's not much to configure or to fix to begin with from a user perspective. Usually it's the webhoster who needs to do something.

5 Likes

Well, the thing is that Really Simple SSL is produced by Let's Encrypt company. So, that is the reason why I set up my question here at this forum.

It definitely is not. Let's Encrypt is not a company. It is a free, automated, and open certificate authority operated by the nonprofit Internet Security Research Group (ISRG).

Really Simple SSL is a WordPress plugin created by Really Simple Plugins, a company in the Netherlands. Have you consulted their knowledge base?

6 Likes

Euh, I'm really doubting that very much (like, 100-1/googol % certain). Let's Encrypt is just a Certificate Authority. They used to develop the ACME client Certbot, but that has been transfered to the EFF years ago. I'm not aware of any plugin development by LE.

You can get support for the Really Simple SSL plugin here: [Really Simple SSL] Support | WordPress.org

6 Likes

Perhaps certbot has generated an ECDSA keypair ???

EDIT: That seems to be the problem:

5 Likes

I would like to see the use of Certbot by OP, as the Really Simple SSL plugin uses the PHP library LE_ACME2, which in turn is an ACME client on its own and doesn't use Certbot as far as I can tell.

That said, obviously ECDSA vs. RSA could be the problem :wink:

5 Likes

Their last 3 certs were all ECDSA dating to the one created on Jan27

The last RSA cert expired about 6 weeks ago

5 Likes

What on earth made you think that?

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.