Problem with privkey.pem

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: manotom.com

I ran this command: certbot certonly -d *.manotom.by --manual --preferred-challenges dns

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot): certbot 2.4.0

everything was created fine, but by going to /etc/letsencrypt/archive/manotom.com-0001/
cert1.pem everything is fine
chain 1.pem everything is fine
full chain 1.pem is also fine
privkey.pem of a reduced size is very small.
and how to deal with it and where to dig.

Since version 2.0, Certbot defaults to ECDSA keys for certificates. They are smaller and faster than RSA keys and are recommended for all users.

If you need an RSA key for whatever reason, you can issue another certificate, adding --key-type rsa to your Certbot command.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.