Problem with getting a new certificate

Thanks Thanks ThanksThanks

Stop using --force-renewal and forget that option, only pain comes out of it.

Show us the output of certbot certificates for both accounts.

Your problem is posting on another thread. Create your own next time. Check your webserver config, your domain names are configured differently.

2 Likes

Try this command:

certbot renew --cert-name biotude.lv-0001 --dry-run

and tell me what's in /etc/letsencrypt/renewal/biotude.lv-0001.conf

3 Likes

Is your webserver serving this directory as the webroot of those domain names? Check its config and tell me if it's another directory. In that case, try this command:

certbot renew --cert-name biotude.lv-0001 --webroot -w /path/to/the/other/directory --dry-run

3 Likes

Yes
/var/www/webshop.eu/web/lv

run this command ?
certbot renew --cert-name biotude.lv-0001 --webroot -w /var/www/webshop.eu/web/lv --dry-run

You can try it if you're sure that's the right directory.

Otherwise we need to see your webserver config.

2 Likes

ok, run the same command without the --dry-run option.

3 Likes

Check if your website is using this new certificate. I'm not sure it is.

3 Likes

Yes
Very Very Thanks !!!
Not After
Wed, 11 May 2022 10:34:55 GMT

Good. Remember to check every subdomain, if they are on different configurations inside the webserver.

3 Likes

OK
Good Day !

1 Like

I've moved these posts into a new thread, as it's not polite to hijack someone elses thread.

@biotude You seem to have multiple certificates for the hostname biotude.lv. Two of them with the names "biotude.lv" and "biotude.lv-0002" seem to just include the hostname biotude.lv whereas the certificate with the name "biotude.lv-0001" contains all the relevant hostnames.

Assuming all those three certificates are not different except for the hostnames (e.g., RSA vs. ECDSA et cetera):

Please make sure that all of the services making use of a certificate for the biotude.lv domain are using the certificate with the name "biotude.lv-0001". If that is the case and you're sure no certificates are using the certificates with the names "biotude.lv" and "biotude.lv-0002", you can delete those two.

Otherwise your Certbot will keep renewing those two certificates too while that would not be necessary.

5 Likes

Thanks !

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.