Problem with cert issue

My domain is: webmail.ecomstation.it

I ran this command: uacme issue webmail.ecomstation.it -h hook_webmail.cmd

It produced this output: uacme: hook_run: fork failed: Invalid argument
uacme: uacme: failed to authorize order at https://acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org/acme/order/68817448/4522646217

My web server is (include version): apache 2.2.34

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): AOS

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: me

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): yes

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):
no

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot): uacme 1.0.19

i run 2 web servers, on the other all LE certs have renewed correctly
on this one i have this problem

please help

thanks

massimo

it looks like there is some issue in your hook script.

but the hook script is the same on both webservers
the path is right ad he is passing the right path to uacme :frowning:

“fork failed” can mean a couple of things off the top of my head:

  • the user running the script doesn’t have enough permissions
  • the server has exhausted physical memory
  • and probably some more I can’t think of, it’s an unusual error

@ndilieto do you have any further ideas on what might be happening?

we are going to try updated uacme client (1.5)
maybe is an issue with the old version 1.0.19

The call to fork() in hook_run failed to create the child process, therefore the hook script hasn’t been launched at all.

The “Invalid argument” (EINVAL) error code is puzzling, as it is not in the list of possible fork() error codes according to the man page.

Which operating system are you running on? Include version please.

1 Like

Hi,

i’m using build 1.0.19 that now has issue due to the new klibc libraries, the OS is eCS/AOS
( https://www.arcanoae.com/ )
uacme client is being ported with GCC and it use klibc to work

we are also unable to recompile version 1.5 since it use an api called “open_memstream”

checking for open_memstream… no
configure: error: uacme requires open_memstream

from which version UACME is using that api?
where i can find the code of the latest UACME tool not using “open_memstream”?

thanks

massimo

1 Like

Ok, I understand your system uses a compatibility layer to run Linux applications. This explains the EINVAL error code… on Linux fork() never returns that according to the documentation.

I also found that klibc’s fork() is apparently not entirely compatible. You have to find out why fork() fails with EINVAL on your system.

The last uacme version that can build without open_memstream is 1.2.4

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Hi all,

for the forum manager, my webmail is not registered on any search engine and robots are disallowed
I’ve seen an increase of traffic from IPs outside of italy, maybe your forum is indexed into search engines
i’m asking please to delete my domain in the post
since i can’t modify it

thanks

massimo

the problem is fixed
since for a mistake of mine i was using old klibc libraries
with the new ones it’s all ok

thanks

massimo