Policy forbids issuing for name - simarsul.adp.pt

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:simarsul.adp.pt

I ran this command:certbot

It produced this output:
{
“type”: “urn:acme:error:rejectedIdentifier”,
“detail”: “Error creating new authz :: Policy forbids issuing for name”,
“status”: 400
}
My web server is (include version):apache2.4

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):centos7

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:DO

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know):

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):ISPconfig

Unfortunately your main domain has been blocked, most likely due to the similarity to the payroll company ADP.

@cpu will look at whitelisting it when he gets back from his weekend, but please note that this process will take several days to complete once initiated.

Sorry for the inconvenience. :cry:

1 Like

I understand, no problem.

ADP is a Portuguese Public Entity, that owns adp.pt, so it should not be blocked.

Thanks, I will wait for the unlock.

Hi @jrochate,

Apologies about the difficulties. @Patches is correct (Thanks!) and I have started the process to remove this domain from the policy list. It generally takes 5-12 days for this to take effect and I will update this thread once the change has been made. Thanks for your patience!

@jrochate, adp.pt has been removed from the high risk domains policy. You should be able to issue for this domain now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.