PluginError('An authentication script must be provided with --manual-auth-hook when using the manual plugin non-interactively.',). Skipping

HI I have Letts encrypt certificates for wildcard domain and , my server is nginx and os Linux Debian 4.9 stretch i want to renew certificate (wildcard ) for that i am running the command: sudo certbot renew, but it’s giving below error: please help how to renew wildcard certificate in Debian 9 stretch and nginx server

Error

Cert is due for renewal, auto-renewing…
Could not choose appropriate plugin: The manual plugin is not working; there may be problems with your existing configuration.
The error was: PluginError(‘An authentication script must be provided with --manual-auth-hook when using the manual plugin non-interactively.’,)
Attempting to renew cert (therightdoctors.com-0001) from /etc/letsencrypt/renewal/therightdoctors.com-0001.conf produced an unexpected error: The manual plugin is not working; there may be problems with your existin
g configuration.
The error was: PluginError(‘An authentication script must be provided with --manual-auth-hook when using the manual plugin non-interactively.’,). Skipping.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Processing /etc/letsencrypt/renewal/therightdoctors.com.conf
Cert not yet due for renewal
All renewal attempts failed. The following certs could not be renewed:
/etc/letsencrypt/live/therightdoctors.com-0001/fullchain.pem (failure)
The following certs are not due for renewal yet:
/etc/letsencrypt/live/therightdoctors.com/fullchain.pem expires on 2018-11-15 (skipped)
All renewal attempts failed. The following certs could not be renewed:
/etc/letsencrypt/live/therightdoctors.com-0001/fullchain.pem (failure)
1 renew failure(s), 0 parse failure(s)

To renew a manual certificate, you have to run something like the original command you used to create it. It was probably something like “certbot certonly --manual -d '*.therightdoctors.com'”.

Fully automated renewal requires that your DNS provider and ACME client both support it.

Certbot doesn’t currently have a GoDaddy DNS plugin (though there is an open pull request). You could switch to a supported DNS service, or switch to an ACME client like acme.sh that supports it, or take a third option like using acme-dns.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.