Please update the public suffix on the ACME server

After having jumped through all the hoops needed to get the client installed (way to complicated if the goal is to get SSL to everybody. But it’s still in beta so I’m giving it a pass for now) I finally ran into the one thing I can’t fix myself:

There were too many requests of a given type :: Error creating new cert :: Too many certificates already issued for: synology.me

The DDNS domains from synology where added to the publicsuffix list several days ago. Please push them to the validation server so I can finally get the certificates.

Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks! It will probably take us a couple weeks to get a fresh deploy out with a new public suffix list. I’m sorry it has been a bumpy introduction of the service! We are aiming to improve quickly. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is there a way to know when it is done? It takes time to me to do the test everyday (and I think is counterproductive to you too if everyone tries everyday) so having a post/website/notification when it’s done could save time and resources to everyone…
thank you anyway!

You can visit the status page at https://letsencrypt.status.io/, which is updated when we do maintenance events like deploys. If you see a deploy has happened you can check the git log for mentions of “public suffix.” You can also subscribe to receive notifications about updates on that page.

1 Like

super cool! Thank you!
Subscribed!
about the git log you mean the client git or is there another one?

In this case it would be boulder.

1 Like

Not sure if it was pushed or I just got lucky. But I got my sweet, sweet certificate.

1 Like

for synology.me domain?

Yes for my synology.me subdomain.