Php bin/acme setup --server 'letsencrypt' --email 'admin@domain_name'

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: vgetfresh.com

I ran this command: php bin/acme setup --server ‘letsencrypt’ --email ‘admin@vgetfresh.com’

It produced this output: Amp\Dns\TimeoutException: No response for ‘vgetfresh.com’ (MX) from any nameserver after 2 attempts, tried udp://127.0.0.1:53, udp://153.92.2.25:53 in /home/user/acme-client/vendor/amphp/dns/lib/BasicResolver.php:299 Next Kelunik\Acme\AcmeException: Dns query for an MX record on ‘vgetfresh.com’ failed for the following reason: No response for ‘vgetfresh.com’ (MX) from any nameserver after 2 attempts, tried udp://127.0.0.1:53, udp://153.92.2.25:53 in /home/user/acme-client/src/Commands/Setup.php:83

My web server is (include version): Hostinger Shared Hosting

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Linux sg-nme-web351.main-hosting.eu 3.10.0-962.3.2.lve1.5.26.3.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed Aug 14 08:29:59 EDT 2019 x86_64

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: Hostinger

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): Using Putty, I managed to login.

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): Hostinger’s panel to manage my website. But I am using putty to access SSH.

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot): Don’t know but I installed it on 01/09/2020.

1 Like

I think the problem is that the program you are using (https://github.com/kelunik/acme-client) tries to do a self-check of your email address, but fails due to something being off with the DNS resolvers in your shared hosting environment.

Unfortunately the program doesn’t seem to provide a way to skip the checks.

I’m not sure there’s anything you can do about it.

You could ask the author of the program to provide a way to skip those checks. As a general principle this should always be an option, because self-checks will never be perfectly reliable.

You could also try provide a GMail address or something instead, that might not run into the same DNS issue.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.