Our account has been blocked due to excessive traffic

Hello,

due to misconfiguration of our production customer domain validation tool (it is fixed now), we got blocked on Let's Encrypt production and staging ACME servers. We're using Let's Encrypt to create certificates to allow our customers to use own domain in our SaaS app - now we're unable to do this for new accounts.

Could you unblock our accounts, as the issue is fixed (only domains which are validated and properly set up by human will get a cert using caddy on_demand feature)

Our accounts:

https://acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org/acme/acct/1261963346
https://acme-staging-v02.api.letsencrypt.org/acme/acct/115039864

I've seen that you successfully unblocked an account with similiar problem here: IP Blocked Because of Ridiculously Excessive Traffic - #6 by Phil

Thanks

@bwf, welcome to the community! :slightly_smiling_face:

What is the exact error message your certificate manager is receiving from the letsencrypt's ACME server?

Here you go:

Sep 29 09:19:48 host caddy[3292630]: {"level":"error","ts":1790673588.6941257,"logger":"tls.obtain","msg":"could not get certificate from issuer","identifier":"REDACTED","issuer":"acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org-directory","error":"HTTP 403 urn:ietf:params:acme:error:unauthorized - Account blocked :: your account has been blocked due to excessive traffic"}

Hi @bwf,

I've got this on my task list for the day. I'll get to you after I get my kids off to school etc.

The production account does not appear blocked and I'm seeing issuance succeeding for it.

I've sent you a PM about the staging account.