Openproject and certbot : Invalid command 'OpenProjectGitSmartHttp'

My domain is: robertborges-mgmt.sytes.net
Hosting an instance of OpenProject

I ran this command: # certbot --apache

It produced this output:

Apache config check fails with
Error while running apache2ctl configtest.
Action 'configtest' failed.
The Apache error log may have more information.

[Wed Jan 27 16:04:08.259766 2021] [so:warn] [pid 27406] AH01574: module dav_module is already loaded, skipping
AH00526: Syntax error on line 33 of /etc/openproject/addons/apache2/includes/vhost/git_smart_http.conf:
Invalid command 'OpenProjectGitSmartHttp', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration

Rolling back to previous server configuration...

I don't see any relevant info in apache error logs. Google gets me a 10month old post on Openproject's forum with no reply. I'm stumped.

My web server is (include version): apache2.4.41

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):Ubuntu server 20.04

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):yes

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):no

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot): 0.40.0

Hi @RobertBorges

a working system is required before you are able to create a certificate.

If this is done and if you have a Letsencrypt specific question, come back.

Hi, The system is working in the sense that the site is up and accessible over http. Is that what you mean? I have posted in openproject forum as well, but no answers there as of yet. Anyway, I assume this issue may have something to do with Letsencrypt because I get the error when I run certbot.
I don't know enough about the file that contains the error to take the debug further, and google has not been my friend so far.

No, the error is created via

apache2ctl configtest

Run that command - you will see the same error. If that command shows errors, it's not a good idea that Certbot tries to modify the configuration.

So it's a pure Apache-config-problem.

This command shows Syntax OK.

Ok, so you're right. I was under the impression that the certbot command updated the vhost configs. I'm doing this for the first time and in several tutorials they showed vhost config files for port 80 only. With your remark in mind, I thought 'what the he||' and added config for port 443. Now it works. I couldn't find any info on this beforehand, so now the solution is online.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.