Old (revoked) certificate still active after domain change

Hi guys,

I’m having a problem with an old (revoked) certificate issued for a domain name that has been deprecated and replaced with a new domain (and a new certificate) on the same server (the same IP).

Whenever a new domain is accessed, the browser shows “the identity of the website can not be verified” warning and offers to trust the (old?) certificate for the old domain name.

How can I fix this problem?

Thanks!

Sounds like your web server doesn’t know which certificate it should deliver. Could you provide your web server configuration files? If you’re using apache, the VirtualHost blocks would probably be the most relevant. I’m guessing there’s some reference to the old certificate in there.

Hey @pfg, thank you for your reply (and being a rubber duck :wink: )!

In the mean time I’ve been able to fix that problem, though not quite sure what helped since I was trying various things…

The only thing I can say for sure is that I deleted the /etc/letsencrypt/live/<olddomain>/ directory and re-deployed my node + nginx app…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.