Not able to renew lets encrypt ssl certificates in Webfaction server

Hi

I’m using lets encrypt ssl certificates for my site hosted in Webfaction server. I followed these steps and it was successfull.

But i’m not able to renew the ssl certificates. i’ve set the cronjob but its not working. i tried to run the command manually but i’m getting some errors.

Here is the cronjob i’ve set
#System Ruby Installation
0 4 1 */1 * PATH=$PATH:$GEM_HOME/bin:/usr/local/bin GEM_HOME=$HOME/.letsencrypt_webfaction/gems RUBYLIB=$GEM_HOME/lib ruby2.2 $HOME/.letsencrypt_webfaction/gems/bin/letsencrypt_webfaction --letsencrypt_account_email nijo@example.com --domains demo.example.com --public ~/webapps/demo_example/test/

RBEnv Installation

0 4 1 */1 * RBENV_ROOT=~/.rbenv RBENV_VERSION=2.3.1 ~/.rbenv/bin/rbenv exec letsencrypt_webfaction --letsencrypt_account_email nijo@example.com --domains demo.example.com --public ~/webapps/demo_example/test/

i tried to run the commands manually but i’m getting some errors:

PATH=$PATH:$GEM_HOME/bin:/usr/local/bin GEM_HOME=$HOME/.letsencrypt_webfaction/gems RUBYLIB=$GEM_HOME/lib ruby2.2 $HOME/.letsencrypt_webfaction/gems/bin/letsencrypt_webfaction --letsencrypt_account_email nijo@example.com --domains demo.example.com --public ~/webapps/demo_example/test/

/home/nijo/.letsencrypt_webfaction/gems/gems/letsencrypt_webfaction-2.0.0/lib/letsencrypt_webfaction/application.rb:69:in validate_options!': Invalid username '' (ArgumentError) Invalid password '' from /home/nijo/.letsencrypt_webfaction/gems/gems/letsencrypt_webfaction-2.0.0/lib/letsencrypt_webfaction/application.rb:17:inrun!‘
from /home/nijo/.letsencrypt_webfaction/gems/gems/letsencrypt_webfaction-2.0.0/exe/letsencrypt_webfaction:5:in <top (required)>' from /home/nijo/.letsencrypt_webfaction/gems/bin/letsencrypt_webfaction:23:inload’
from /home/nijo/.letsencrypt_webfaction/gems/bin/letsencrypt_webfaction:23:in `’

Can someone help me with this

I’ve never used this script, and you may find a better response by raising an issue on that client - https://github.com/will-in-wi/letsencrypt-webfaction/issues

From the error, it seems to be complaining of

Invalid username ‘’

and

Invalid password ‘’

looking at the documentation for that client, these need to either be specified on the command line, or in the config file ( config.defaults.yml ) from what I can tell.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.