No access to my nextcloud

Hello,
today I have installed Let’s Encrypt on a Ubuntu 16.04 System with Apache2.4 per Certbot for view hours.
Is use this manual. https://certbot.eff.org/#ubuntuxenial-apache
It work fine.

Now after 3-4 hours I doesn’t have access to my nextcloud.
Also 5 minuntes send the dns-client the ip-adress to dns.

If I take a ssl-test that work.

I am a linux newbie and I don’t know, where ist the mistake.

Can anybody help me please.

Thank you in advanced.

Best regards,
Christoph

Can you provide your domain name please ( assuming it can be reached from the general internet) so we can look.

Hello,

The domain url are: dragon-cloud.ddns.net/dragoncloud

Best regards,
Christoph

Hi Christoph,

Thanks for that.

The domain name needs to be dragon-cloud.ddns.net rather than dragon-cloud.ddns.net/dragoncloud - so hopefully you are specifying that.

You have an SSL certificate for your domain (from LetsEncrypt ) which is valid until Jan 17 2017. So have you got everything working OK now ? What specific issue are you seeing now ?

Hello Serverco,
I have create the SSL certificate to dragon-cloud.ddns.net.
Behind this domain name I have two subdomains.
a) Cloud and b) shop (building phase)

And I hoped the SSL certificate works with all subdomains.

If I am done with the shop they are transfare to the final domain.
After that I delete that on my server.

Can you see the login site from the cloud?
Yesterday I have the problem, sometimes I have access to the cloud or shop and sametimes not.
And a friend dosen’t can see the login site from the cloud.

Now it works, but i don’t know how long.

Best regards,
Christoph

The certificate will only be valid for the domain. If you want the certificate to be valid for subdomains ( cloud.dragon-cloud.ddns.net and shop.dragon-cloud.ddns.net ) then you would need to include those subdomains in the certificate.

dragon-cloud.ddns.net/cloud or dragon-cloud.ddns.net/shop isn’t a subdomain of course - so will be fine.

Yes I could see the login for dragon-cloud.ddns.net/dragoncloud

When you can’t reach the login - is that after the IP address has changed ? are you going to the correct ( new) IP ?

If i understand correctly is it not correct to open the cloud or shop via dragon-cloud.ddns.net/dragoncloud or shop.

the correct path would are:
a) dragoncloud.dragon-cloud.ddns.net
b) shop.dragon-cloud.ddns.net

Is that correct?
But why does it work vice versa?

Regarding the IP:
I have installed a client from no-ip.
All five minutes they are change or send the actual IP adress to no-ip.

Before I change the to ubuntu server I use a xampp at windows. It works fine.

But nextcloud doesn’t works at windows.

Please tell me whether I need to change now or not regarding SSL certificate.

Best regards,
Christoph

That depends completely how you have configured dragoncloud and shop.

You can set it up to work either way around - which do you want ?

It works with dragon-cloud.ddns.net/dragoncloud because you have also configured your setup to work that way. Without seeing your configuration, and knowing how you’d like it set up, I can’t say if it’s correct or not. This is nothing to do with SSL certificates though, this is purely domain configuration and setup.

That will change your IP at no-ip, however some DNS servers will not change straight away, so your local ISP’s DNS server ( which you probably use, or your friend uses a different ISP, with different DNS servers ) may not update for a day.

Before I can do that, you need to decide if you want to configure your sites to work on subdomains ( shop.dragon-cloud.ddns.net and dragoncloud.dragon-cloud.ddns.net ) or if you want it to work on the main domain ( dragon-cloud.ddns.net/shop and dragon-cloud.ddns.net/dragoncloud).

I would like to work with dragon-cloud.ddns.net/dragoncloud.
The reason is. our total team know this link from oure old cloud.
I don’t know, my be they have installed the nextcloud/owncloud clients.

Best regards,
Christoph

For dragon-cloud.ddns.net/dragoncloud then your SSL certificate is perfect as it is - nothing needs changing on it.

Thank you for your time and great support!

Best regards,
Christoph

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.