NextCloud failed woith creating a certificate

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: manfred.dnsuser.de

I ran this command: in ncp-config I try to get the certificate

It produced this output: T

My web server is (include version): Apache 2

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Raspbian Nextcloud image

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: at home

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): yes

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): using like described before ncp-config

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you’re using
Certbot):

I can reach my site via 443 and 80.
My problem is: I had this certificate on a machone that crashed and now I want to create that certificate for this new nextcloud installation on that new machine.
If I try to do that, I get a timeout message, but as described before, the website is reachable with a self-signed certifcate.
Any idea?

Best regards
Manfred

Hi @MoodyMammoth

that looks simple. Checking your domain - https://check-your-website.server-daten.de/?q=manfred.dnsuser.de

You have ipv4 and ipv6 addresses:

Host T IP-Address is auth. ∑ Queries ∑ Timeout
manfred.dnsuser.de A 31.19.31.54 Aurich/Lower Saxony/Germany (DE) - Vodafone Kabel Deutschland No Hostname found yes 1 0
AAAA 2a02:8109:0:19:4d7:3924:a9e9:a6eb Frankfurt am Main/Hesse/Germany (DE) - Vodafone Kabel Deutschland yes
www.manfred.dnsuser.de A 31.19.31.54 Aurich/Lower Saxony/Germany (DE) - Vodafone Kabel Deutschland No Hostname found yes 1 0
AAAA 2a02:8109:0:19:4d7:3924:a9e9:a6eb Frankfurt am Main/Hesse/Germany (DE) - Vodafone Kabel Deutschland yes

Your ipv4 works. Your ipv6 has a timeout.

Checking your domain Letsencrypt prefers ipv6, so that's critical.

• Remove your AAAA entry (or)
  • fix your ipv6, so ipv6 works

Then recheck your domain to see, if there is no timeout. If yes, try it again.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.