Newbie - Need to renew SSL's with a new Account

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better.

My domain is: https://www.ridersurance.com/

I had a third party company that was doing work for me but I can’t get a response on how to renew the certificates they set up. I am a newbie and need some help…I got an email from Lets Encrypt (below)

My site is hosted on DigitalOcean cloud server using Sentora. Do I do it from there? I can pay someone to help me, but would rather learn how to do it myself. Thanks in advance.

Brandon

Hi @RiderAdmin,

I was answering your post but checking your domain seems that you have already issued new certs for your domain ;).

CRT ID     DOMAIN (CN)           VALID FROM              VALID TO                EXPIRES IN  SANs
121953677  www.ridersurance.com  2017-Apr-17 16:43 CEST  2017-Jul-16 16:43 CEST  89 days     www.ridersurance.com

121953567  cdn.ridersurance.com  2017-Apr-17 16:43 CEST  2017-Jul-16 16:43 CEST  89 days     cdn.ridersurance.com
                                                                                             ridersurance.com
                                                                                             www.ridersurance.com

121953433  cdn.ridersurance.com  2017-Apr-17 16:43 CEST  2017-Jul-16 16:43 CEST  89 days     cdn.ridersurance.com

Cheers,
sahsanu

Hmm is it set up to auto renew I guess? I didn’t do it… How are the renewals typically processed? Is the service renewed inside the server? Like from a certbot type of script [from what i googled]

Thanks.

A goal of Certbot is to be used for automatic renewal like this, so if you didn’t do anything, probably whoever set up the certificate succeeded in setting it up for automatic renewal. This is normally using a cron job configured from a crontab file (or /etc/cron.daily or similar period-task directory) on your server, so that the certbot renew task is being run once or twice per day to check whether it’s time to renew yet.

Thank you for your help!

The certificate being used on your site does look like it was renewed today, so I guess whoever set up the site did the right thing. :slight_smile:

Be aware that this is functionality implemented by specific software running on your web server, so if you switch servers or hosting environments in the future, you’ll no longer receive these renewals automatically unless someone sets something like this up again.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.