New Certificate

Hello,

I wanted to renew this certificate over my Synology NAS /expired last year) that didn’t work.
I deleted the expired one on my Synology and wanted to create a new one but it says I cannot have another one.

Is it possible for you to delete my old request so I can create a new certificate?

Regards
Annika

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:NJDS15.ddns.net

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Synology NAS

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):

Welcome to the Let's Encrypt Community, Annika :slightly_smiling_face:

Given the fact that ddns.net is on the public suffix list and having examined your certificate history, I am unable to determine why you cannot get another certificate. What exactly are you seeing?

1 Like

I tried it again, now it says it cannot connect to Let's Encrypt. but 80 and 443 are configured for my Synology at my router

Both Let's Encrypt and I are currently seeing port 80 as closed for NJDS15.ddns.net.

1 Like

Are you sure that port 80 is open externally in order to reach your NAS? Can you reach your own NAS from outside your network?

1 Like

I ask this because I'm seeing a private IP address (192.168.x.x) for your NAS.

1 Like

I configured DynDNS on my router
Loks like it doesn't work...

I was suspecting a NAT/router issue.

1 Like

Do you have full control of the network mappings from your NAS all the way to the public IP address (87.123.200.8)?

1 Like

what do you mean with full control?

Do you control all the software/devices between the router/modem that has the public IP address (87.123.200.8) and your NAS that has the private IP address (192.168.178.31)?

1 Like

No, the public Adress ist from No-ip.com

Sorry I am not that confirm with all that, got this new router and did the same as before but it looks like there is more configuration needed, maybe on my NAS.

Basically, we need a clear path from port 80 of your real external IP address (which might not be 87.123.200.8) to the http port of your NAS (which is usually 5001 for the login page).

1 Like

Just for reference, I wrote this recently:

1 Like

thanks, I will have a look at this!

You're very welcome! :slightly_smiling_face:

Once you find out more, we're here to help.

1 Like

Thank you very much!

PORT    STATE    SERVICE
80/tcp  filtered http
443/tcp filtered https
2 Likes

Exactly right! :wink:

1 Like