Need to get details of our account

Hello

We have an issue as we are unable to find any details of our website associated with your domain s the person who set it up is no longer with us. Please let me know how to access our information as our website stopped working over the weekend and somehow got renewed this morning and no one in our office has any info on this. Please advise ASAP!!

My domain is:

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):
Magento
My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):
NO - we need this access asap
I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):

1 Like

Hi @braided-rugs

that's expected. Renew should be automatic. And checking your domain all looks good - see https://check-your-website.server-daten.de/?q=braided-rugs.com

There is a new certificate:

CN=www.braided-rugs.com
expires in 90 days	braided-rugs.com, www.braided-rugs.com - 2 entries

so all is good.

Read the basics to understand how Letsencrypt works:

Conclusion: Looks like you have a correct installation with a working renew job.

PS: There is no older Letsencrypt certificate:

Issuer not before not after Domain names LE-Duplicate next LE
Let's Encrypt Authority X3 2020-09-28 2020-12-27 braided-rugs.com, www.braided-rugs.com
2 entries duplicate nr. 2
Let's Encrypt Authority X3 2020-09-28 2020-12-27 braided-rugs.com, www.braided-rugs.com
2 entries duplicate nr. 1
COMODO RSA Domain Validation Secure Server CA 2017-09-25 2020-09-25 braided-rugs.com, www.braided-rugs.com
2 entries

Looks like you have switches from Comodo to Letsencrypt today.

So check your domain in 60 - 85 days to see, if the renew has worked.

1 Like

That's not something we or Let's Encrypt can provide. And normally it wouldn't be influenced by TLS.

2 Likes

Welcome to the Let's Encrypt Community :slightly_smiling_face:

I just took a look at your website. It is working fine now, so no worries there. Your screenshot might have been taken in the three-day gap between when your COMODO certificate expired (9/25) and when the second of your new Let's Encrypt certificates began (9/28). It looks like someone created two Let's Encrypt certificates because they weren't sure about which name to use for the common name (braided-rugs.com or www.braided-rugs.com). As long as the certificate contains both names (and both certificates do in your case), either certificate will work and which is the common name doesn't matter. If you're still seeing the error, you just need to clear your web browser cache and visit your site again to see that all is well. I have included a link to a site containing your full certificate history below so that you can see things for yourself. The certificates for Let's Encrypt appear in pairs with the top of each pair being the real certificate and the bottom of each pair being a precertificate.

Your account information for Let's Encrypt is stored on your webserver. Your account information for accessing and managing your webserver is another story entirely and is not related to Let's Encrypt (or COMODO). It is associated with either your website hosting provider or your company (if you run your own webserver). I advise that you begin your search there. Let us know if you have any further questions and we'll try our best to help. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.