Need help in providing an attempt to create ssl. Can't wait 7 days

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: ipone-store.ru

I ran this command:I moved the site from one hosting to another and everywhere I requested a certificate.

It produced this output:exceeded the limit

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: timeweb.ru

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): yes

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): panel timeweb.ru

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot):

Is it possible to give at least one more attempt to get ssl without waiting 7 days?

Hi @AlexM777

you have created 5 duplicate certificates. That's the limit.

Where are these certificates? Which tool did you used?

If you have created these certificates on your new server, you should find and use one. If this isn't possible, a renew would produce the same problem.

This week I ran out of ssl, I updated it and my old hosting told me to move my site to the vds server, because the load has increased. I transferred my sites to vds and there once again requested ssl, but a day later was dissatisfied with the quality of vds and transferred to another hosting service, there the situation repeated. As a result, I found the right hosting where everything works consistently and I’m satisfied, but I can not take the data from the previous hosting services, because the credentials are removed from the previous hosting services and I can not take the ssl data (private key, certificate, ca bundle). Now my site is stable, but need ssl. I did not know that there are restrictions on obtaining ssl, so all the hosting requested them. I need at least one more attempt at ssl. Is there a way to make an exception?

Hi JuergenAuer
Many hosts on which I installed the site provide a service for automatic installation of ssl let’s encrypt on the domain, without specifying ssl data (private key, certificate, ca bundle). Therefore, all data is lost :frowning:

Then you have really to wait.

You can create a certificate with a different set of domain names (sample: Add blog.yourdomain to your dns settings, then create a certificate with non-www, www and blog.*).

But if you use shared hosting and if different hosters has created the certificate, that may not possible. Then you have to wait.

Really there is no place to address to request ssl earlier than 7 days, having specified the reason of excess of a limit?

On the website https://www.sslforfree.com/ if you are not able to get ssl, there is the phrase "Lets Encrypt Try asking to increase the limit or wait 7 days."I understand you can ask a favor to extend the term, right?

That's something that needs some weeks, so it's longer then 7 days. And it's something that is used from universities or big companies with a lot of subdomains.

Nothing, if it is only one domain with some subdomains.

Okay. Thanks for Your answers JuergenAuer

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.