My SSL cert has expired

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: www.windsormarketing.com

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know):

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

I do not know any of the answers to the above questions except for the name of the website.
I am new in this position and I have no information about our website or the certificates associated with it.
I am trying to learn, but with nothing to go on as my predecessor left no notes or info I am at a loss.
I need to renew the website SSL certs and don’t know how.
I assume they were setup for auto renew and for some reason that stopped.

Thank you

Hi,

You seems to be using an vps or dedicated server or hosting with panel that I don’t know…

One question…

Do you know your shell username and password? (Ssh)

If not, I highly suggest you to find someone and help you renew your certificate… (Since you might need a few hours or days to catch up and your certificate is expired)

Thank you

P.S. if you know system version… like. Centos, Fedora etc… I can help you find the right tutorial to renew the cert.

Yes, it is a vps hosted on 1and1.com

It resides In a virtual container.

One of my associates is able to log on to the shell with root access.

The server the website is on runs CentOS ver 6.8

If you could forward the tutorial for renewing the SSL, I’d appreciate it.

Also the instructions on how to setup auto renew for that system would be appreciated as well.

The renewal process depends on the initial client used to setup the certificate.

Who installed the first LE cert?
What program did they use?

If unknown… you could try reviewing the history file:
sudo su
history | grep -Ei 'renew|windsormarketing.com'

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.