Misinformation on website

I didn't sow any "magic fairies", I asked a relatively simple question to which you responded arrogantly.
LuigiK

Osiris
January 14 |

luigik:
Well, I guess “automatically” means different things to different people. Semantics . . . So, in fact, certbot cannot issue and file the SSL certificate automatically, but just as with Let’s Encrypt, somebody has to manually apply the information to something, somewhere. Let’s not assume that everybody is a computer techie with knowledge of all the codes etc and state straight out that Certbot does NOT automatically set up the certificate.

certbot has to be installed somehow. That’s the first “hurdle” which cannot be automated without human intervention. Next, certbot has to start. You could start certbot without any parameters, which will try to autodetect a webserver. If the situation is right (for example, you happen to have Apache or nginx installed), it can automatically detect hostnames which the user can select.

Once you have the certificate and have it installed (which will happen automatically if the apache or nginx plugin is used), you just have to run certbot renew periodically. On most Linux distributions (e.g., Debian) this happens automatically because the package has installed a systemd timer or cron job.

luigik:
And your condescending “Magic Fairy” comparison does not enhance your attitude.

For whatever a man is sowing, this he will also reap.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

luigik
January 14 |

Well, I guess “automatically” means different things to different people. Semantics . . . So, in fact, certbot cannot issue and file the SSL certificate automatically, but just as with Let’s Encrypt, somebody has to manually apply the information to something, somewhere. Let’s not assume that everyb…
Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.