Migration from Linux Bind DNS Hook to Cloudflare Hook for Linux severs

My domain is: NA, the /etc/dehydrated/domain.txt file is empty

I ran this command: NA - We need to migrate from a Linux Bind DNS challenge/Dehydrated model to Cloudflare DNS challenge/Dehydrated model.

/usr/bin/dehydrated --cron --ipv4 --config /home/certman/dehydrated/config --hook /home/certman/dehydrated/nsupdate-script.sh --out /home/certman/certs/ --challenge dns-01 --domain uname -n

The nsupdate script is following the sample file example dns 01 nsupdate script · dehydrated-io/dehydrated Wiki · GitHub , with 2 cases

NSUPDATE="nsupdate -k "
DNSSERVER=
ZONE=<acme_zone name>
TTL=

"deploy_challenge")
    printf "server %s\nzone %s.\nupdate add %s. %d in TXT \"%s\"\nsend\n" "${DNSSERVER}" "${ZONE}" "${ZONE}" "${TTL}" "${4}" | $NSUPDATE
    sleep 300
    ;;
"clean_challenge")
    printf "server %s\nzone %s.\nupdate delete %s. %d in TXT \"%s\"\nsend\n" "${DNSSERVER}" "${ZONE}" "${ZONE}" "${TTL}" "${4}" | $NSUPDATE
    ;;

We currently use the /etc/dehydrated/hook.sh with the following config parameters in /home/certman/dehydrated/config , everything else is the standard configurations.

CONTACT_EMAIL=
RENEW_DAYS="60"
CHALLENGETYPE="dns-01"
IP_VERSION=4

The /etc/dehydrated/config is also standard with 3 parameters defined.

HOOK="${BASEDIR}/hook.sh"
LOCKFILE="/run/dehydrated/lock"
CONFIG_D="${BASEDIR}/conf.d"

It produced this output: NA

My web server is (include version):NA

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Amazon Linux 7

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:NA

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):Yes

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):NA

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot): NA

look at Let's Encrypt certificate renewals using cloudflare , it's almost a clone envirement of yours. using dehydrated and migrationtion from self-managed dns server to cloudflare.
TL.DR: use cloudflare specific hook as you need to update cloudflare to use dns update now

3 Likes

What should I do to migrate ? Which configurations to change ? Which hook script and packages to install ?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.