Maximal certificate requests reached for this domain name

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: brptuk.synology.me

Is there a way to delete the existing certificates in Let's Encrypt or download the latest, or do I need to wait until one expires?

Sure! But wouldn't do you any good. Sorry, didn't read correctly: you can delete the certificates on your own system, but not in Let's Encrypt. And even if it were possible, it wouldn't reset the rate limits, because the resources already have been spend.

Sure! Certificates are publicly logged in Certificate Transparancy Logs and can be searched using sites like https://crt.sh/ But you'd also need the associated private key. Without the private key, the certificate's useless.

Not until expiry. Please see Rate Limits - Let's Encrypt which is also linked in the rate limit error message.

4 Likes

Thanks Osiris

4 Likes

Here is a list of issued certificates crt.sh | brptuk.synology.me, the latest being 2023-01-16.
Presently being served is a certificate from issued on Mon, 16 Jan 2023 19:28:50 UTC;
this one crt.sh | 8424041065
SSL Server Test: brptuk.synology.me (Powered by Qualys SSL Labs)

1 Like

Thanks @Bruce5051, all is working now.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.