Looking for the updated IdenTrust intermediate certificate

In Transitioning to ISRG's Root - Let's Encrypt

Josh Aas wrote

Our current cross-signature from IdenTrust expires on March 17, 2021. The IdenTrust root that we are cross-signed from expires on September 30, 2021. Within the next year we will obtain a new cross-signature that is valid until September 29, 2021. This means that our subscribers will have the option to manually configure a certificate chain that uses IdenTrust until September 29, 2021.

That was last February, so I was expecting the updated certificate to be available by now.

I looked on Chain of Trust - Let's Encrypt, but the certificate listed there as Active ("Let’s Encrypt Authority X3 (IdenTrust cross-signed)") is still the one that expires in March 2021.

Am I looking in the wrong place? Or has there been a change of plan?

1 Like

Hi @mjw

that's the current certificate.

2 Likes

The new cross-signed intermediate only has to span from March 17th 2021 to September 29th, 2021, as that's the window currently "missing".

There's no need to hurry. Also, you might be able to read @josh s "within the next year" to be 2020 and there's a lot of 2020 left.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.