Limit of certificates

Good day. I was generate 5 certificates in 1 day in my ispmanager panel, because i was have troubleshoting with vds server, now i fix all problem’s, but i can’t generate, because rate limit. Can i generate only 1 certificate without waiting 7 days, or where i can find history or list of my generated certificates? Maybe you can deactivate all sertificates for my website, and i will generate new?
My website: vgbox.ru
My webserver: nginx

Hi @YakimJan

there

https://transparencyreport.google.com/https/certificates?cert_search_auth=&cert_search_cert=p:dmdib3gucnU6ZmFsc2U6ZmFsc2U6NDQyODYyNDQ5ODAwODg1MzgyNzpFQUU9&cert_search=include_expired:false;include_subdomains:false;domain:vgbox.ru;issuer_uid:4428624498008853827&lu=cert_search_cert

you see your pre- and your leaf certificates, 5 created in the last days.

So you have to wait.

Why isn’t it possible to use one of these certificates?

I had a problem with the server, which I solved and for this reason I had to reissue certificates.

I want to use any certificate from this list, can I do it?

If you don’t have the private keys, these signed public keys are useless. You need always the public and the private key to use a certificate.

Are the certificates + keys are deleted?

Yes, because i generated certificates and keys from ispmanager panel and panel doesn’t backup it, and i was reinstall panel :frowning:

The limit is the “Duplicate Certificate limit”.

We also have a Duplicate Certificate limit of 5 certificates per week. A certificate is considered a duplicate of an earlier certificate if they contain the exact same set of hostnames, ignoring capitalization and ordering of hostnames. For instance, if you requested a certificate for the names [ www.example.com , example.com ], you could request four more certificates for [ www.example.com , example.com ] during the week. If you changed the set of names by adding [ blog.example.com ], you would be able to request additional certificates.

So if you add or remove a domain name you can create a new certificate. So you can create two certificates with only one domain name. But then you need two vHosts.

I don’t know if this Ispmanager supports such things.

You mean, i can create for example certificate for blog.test.ru and use this certificate for test.ru site?

You can create one certificate with three domain names

vgbox.ru
www.vgbox.ru
blog.vgbox.ru

but to do that, you need a subdomain blog. Then you can use this certificate with vgbox.ru + www.vgbox.ru.

Blocked is the unique combination vgbox.ru + www.vgbox.ru.

Thank you! I go now and try it :slight_smile: