Let's Encrypt certificate expiration notice for domain

I got for all my domains on my Plesk hosting server with FREE Let’s Encrypt installed:
Let’s Encrypt certificate expiration notice for domain

i thought Let’s Encrypt was for free and now i got this messages what do i have to arrange? must i pay or deactivated or…

Hi @Onwijz,

Yes, Let's Encrypt certificates are free, you don't need to pay nor deactivate it ;). The mail you are receiving is a mail informing that one of the issued certs will expire in 30 days so you can take action to renew it.

I don't use Plesk nor its Let's Encryp plugin but I suppose that this plugin should renew the certificates automatically, maybe the expiration mail you received is for one certificate that you issued but you don't use... if you provide your domain name we could check it.

Cheers,
sahsanu

Even if I renew the Let’s Encrypt certificate these emails say I have 0 days to update.
How is this possible?

If the list of hostnames of a certificate has changed, Let's Encrypt will see this as a "new" certificate and will notice you for the expiry of the "old" certificate.

So if something has changed in the contents of your certificate and you are positive the current certificate for your site(s) isn't closeto expiry, you can just ignore the e-mails.

1 Like

Your certificate (or certificates) for the names listed below will expire in
19 days (on 13 May 17 11:44 +0000). Please make sure to renew your certificate before then, or visitors to your website will encounter errors.

boksclub.com

Hi @Onwijz,

Yes, you only have issued one cert for your domain https://crt.sh/?q=%boksclub.com and it will expire 13th May. Indeed, your site is not using this cert, it is using an invalid cert provided by Plesk.

As I don’t use Plesk I can’t give you any procedure but yes, you need to check it on your Plesk Panel because right now it is not configured properly.

Cheers,
sahsanu

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.