Legitimate Domain Blacklisted

We tried to request a certificate for support.xe.gr today and we received a “Policy forbids issuing for name” error. I assume this is because “xe” is blacklisted since xe.com is a high risk site.

In this case, however, xe.gr is a legitimate company in Greece.

Is it possible to get an exception made in this case or should we advise them that they need to use another certificate authority?

Thanks!
Chris

We tried to request a certificate for support.xe.gr today and we received a “Policy forbids issuing for name” error. I assume this is because “xe” is blacklisted since xe.com is a high risk site.

You’re correct. xe.gr is getting caught up as a permutation of xe.com.

Is it possible to get an exception made in this case or should we advise them that they need to use another certificate authority?

I can work on merging an exception but I can’t commit to an ETA at this moment (it will require some coordination with our operations team). If your client urgently needs a certificate for support.xe.gr it might be faster to source it elsewhere.

Thanks for quick reply! I will advice them as such.

Happy to help! I will return to this thread when I have more information about fixing the blacklist.

Hi again @kintner

Quick update for you. I have a pull request out to make the change required to free xe.gr for registration. I’m told it should be in production by the end of the week.

Hello. My name is Dionisis and I am the IT director for xe.gr. Thank you both for your efforts.

I understand that this is an issue that will be fixed soon, so, since we are not in an extreme hurry, I think we can wait.

Thanks again.
D

Good news @lialios, @kintner:

The blacklist update has been deployed to production. You should be able to issue a certificate for support.xe.gr now. Please let us know if you run into any further trouble!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.