Keychest.net - spot checks and get organized for cert renewals

A cert monitoring tool with a twist - we will send weekly emails showing all your cert renewals due in next 28 days. It is free and remain FREE as a cloud service!

https://keychest.net

We can already use Spot Checks, launch of dashboards is imminent. Once functional, it will start picking up all new certificates for you domains and subdomains. If you launch a new server, it will appear in your next dashboard.

We try to show as little as possible but not too little - any feedback here is welcome :slight_smile:

What it does - server and CT (certificate transparency checks)

• direct checks against your server (default is port 443, but you can change it for email server, or custom web applications); and
  • certificate transparency (CT) logs, which contain all legitimate issued certificates that cause your browser show a green or a gray padlock.

If there’s a problem, between those two, you will see it.

The list of Spot checks include:

• time validity
  • completeness of the certificate chain
  • hostname checks
  • TLS version
  • neighbors - a list of all domain names (i.e., servers) included in the certificate
  • downtime - how many hours / days you didnt have a valid cert in the last 2 years
  • HSTS - we check if your web server prevents downgrade from HTTPS/TLS (HTTP Strict Transport Security flag)

Any thoughts what struggle and a cloud service could help you with - get in touch!

Cheers
Dan

PS: It’s not quite relevant (a different project), but I’m still so excited I have to mention it. We will present at BlackHat US as well as DEFCON in 7 weeks’ time! Come, see our demonstration of multi-party computation and say hallo!

1 Like

Thanks so much for taking your valuable time to review our beta version! We have improved the web server TLS config and it should pass SSLLabs test with A+ now.

I look forward to it :slight_smile:

We had a few questions / comments over the last two days. The most interesting turned out to be caused by our approach to scanning.

We take the address you enter as an address of a server and the spot check (as well as info in dashboards we are working on) tests this server.

This is somewhat different from other SSL scanners - e.g., SSLLabs - which follow redirects.

We decided to stick with our way, although dashboards will automatically add redirect servers to the list of certificates/servers to track.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.