josepy.errors.DeserializationError: Deserialization error: Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)

Hello, its not working on Windows 10.

I downloaded the certbot, i run cmd with Administrative Rights and then i type

certbot certonly --standalone

The error is:
An unexpected error occurred:
josepy.errors.DeserializationError: Deserialization error: Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)

How can i fix this ?

Thank you.

1 Like

Hello @apatuka, welcome to the Let's Encrypt community. :slightly_smiling_face:

What is its?

Where your running the command from Command Prompt or Windows PowerShell?

How did you install Certbot?

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):

Thank you for assisting us in helping YOU!

3 Likes

Hello @Bruce5051

My domain is: mail.conecciones.com.py

I ran this command: certbot certonly --standalone

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):
Bitnami WappStack Apache2

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):
Windows 10 Home Edition

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: Im using my personal computer

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know): Im using cmd and powershell with admin rights

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): not using control panel

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot): certbot 2.6.0

1 Like

Here is list of issued certificates for conecciones.com.py crt.sh | conecciones.com.py,
and here is a certificate issued for mail.conecciones.com.py crt.sh | 9708952137 on 2023-06-21.
How did you get that certificate?

Side note: some port are not Open but filtered.

$ nmap -Pn -p80,443,465 mail.conecciones.com.py
Starting Nmap 7.80 ( https://nmap.org ) at 2023-06-24 01:47 UTC
Nmap scan report for mail.conecciones.com.py (181.123.39.220)
Host is up (0.24s latency).
rDNS record for 181.123.39.220: pool-220-39-123-181.telecel.com.py

PORT    STATE    SERVICE
80/tcp  open     http
443/tcp filtered https
465/tcp filtered smtps

Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 3.72 seconds

I do not know much about:

So, kindly wait to see if there are more knowledgeable Let's Encrypt community volunteers willing to assist.

1 Like

Also did you stop Apache before this?

This error message has to do with either decoding an API response from Let's Encrypt or possibly your Let's Encrypt account key stored on disk.

In either case, posting the log file from C:\Certbot\logs is what's going to help solve this.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.