Install Let's encrypt on country .tld

I am using Let’s encrypt successfully on my .com and net tld. I want to know can I install it on country-specific .tld

I want to install the certificate on .pk or .com.pk domain.

mate

you need to go back and review your statements very carefully

.com is a top level domain and as such you will no be able to issue certificates for it

you.com - yes you can issue certificates for this

it’s very unlikely you own every .pk domain

It seems you did not understand my question. I want to know let’s encrypt work for .pk or com.pk tld or not ?

I use it with an .de and an .sex domain. So I guess it should work for you too. Can’t see why it would not.

Hi,

@Tracer, I suppose @shahidirfan is asking just in case there is some kind of sanction over .pk or .com.pk (Pakistan ccTLDs).

@shahidirfan, no, there is no restriction to issue certificates for .pk nor .com.pk ccTLDs, indeed here are the last 5 certificates issued by Let’s Encrypt for these ccTLDs.

.pk

CRT ID     DOMAIN (CN)                 VALID FROM             VALID TO               EXPIRES IN  SANs
316542294  clean.hamid.pk              2018-Jan-30 08:14 UTC  2018-Apr-30 08:14 UTC  89 days     clean.hamid.pk
                                                                                                 www.clean.hamid.pk
316540040  projects.anas.pk            2018-Jan-30 08:09 UTC  2018-Apr-30 08:09 UTC  89 days     projects.anas.pk
316539498  blinkenterprises.pk         2018-Jan-30 08:09 UTC  2018-Apr-30 08:09 UTC  89 days     blinkenterprises.pk
                                                                                                 cpanel.blinkenterprises.pk
                                                                                                 webdisk.blinkenterprises.pk
                                                                                                 webmail.blinkenterprises.pk
                                                                                                 www.blinkenterprises.pk
316532820  capitalgreencity.pk         2018-Jan-30 07:56 UTC  2018-Apr-30 07:56 UTC  89 days     autodiscover.capitalgreencity.pk
                                                                                                 capitalgreencity.pk
                                                                                                 mail.capitalgreencity.pk
                                                                                                 www.capitalgreencity.pk
316530906  iupa.pk                     2018-Jan-30 07:51 UTC  2018-Apr-30 07:51 UTC  89 days     iupa.pk
                                                                                                 mail.iupa.pk
                                                                                                 www.iupa.pk 

.com.pk

CRT ID     DOMAIN (CN)                      VALID FROM             VALID TO               EXPIRES IN  SANs
316493882  custombrand.com.pk               2018-Jan-30 06:55 UTC  2018-Apr-30 06:55 UTC  89 days     custombrand.com.pk
                                                                                                      www.custombrand.com.pk                         
316491257  aryian.com.pk                    2018-Jan-30 06:49 UTC  2018-Apr-30 06:49 UTC  89 days     aryian.com.pk
                                                                                                      cpanel.aryian.com.pk
                                                                                                      mail.aryian.com.pk
                                                                                                      webdisk.aryian.com.pk
                                                                                                      webmail.aryian.com.pk
                                                                                                      www.aryian.com.pk                              
316469805  tms.pf.com.pk                    2018-Jan-30 06:06 UTC  2018-Apr-30 06:06 UTC  89 days     tms.pf.com.pk                                  
316463961  mail.wn.com.pk                   2018-Jan-30 05:56 UTC  2018-Apr-30 05:56 UTC  89 days     mail.wn.com.pk                                 
316457932  tehwaar.com.pk                   2018-Jan-30 05:42 UTC  2018-Apr-30 05:42 UTC  89 days     mail.tehwaar.com.pk
                                                                                                      tehwaar.com.pk
                                                                                                      webdisk.tehwaar.com.pk
                                                                                                      www.tehwaar.com.pk        

Cheers,
sahsanu

2 Likes

@sahsanu I had no Idea that there could be stuff like sanctions over tld’s. Thanks for the Info! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@sahsanu thanks sir, great help. You reply my questions in details.

1 Like

@Tracer There are a couple lists of countries and foreign persons that entities in the United States are forbidden by law to do business with.

That may or may not map to sanctioning an entire top-level-domain. In Let’s Encrypt’s case, they often only block the gov second-level domain and not the entire country’s TLD.

1 Like

Some more about that topic:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.