Install cert on hostname

Hi,
I am trying to install the LE to be used with my hostname, there is no root document for it so I get an error when trying to generate the certificates.

I am using Cpanel on CentOS.

Any help is appreciated.

Hi,

for cpanel you will need to run the LE script in manual mode - the webroot is /usr/local/apache/htdocs/ and then you will need to paste the certificates into your WHM ( which typically combines them into a single file at /var/cpanel/ssl/cpanel/mycpanel.pem ).

If you want to do it automatically ( to save the manual copy and paste ) there are a couple of alternate clients - and I think a cpanel plugin. Personally I use one of the alternate clients and it automatically updates the /var/cpanel/ssl/cpanel/mycpanel.pem every couple of months - works fine :slight_smile:

Thanks!
That help me so much!

Which plugin are you using? (if there are instructions on how to setup would be greatly appreciated!)

I’m actually using one of the alternate clients - a pure bash script ( getssl ) because some servers I use have cpanel, some have ispconfig and others have none - so I prefer a single client that works with all. It was one I wrote / developed before the cpanel plugins had been developed at all. There are a number of cpanel plugins, however I don’t have personal experience of them

If you wanted to use the getssl script then I’ll happily help you through getting it working to automate updating SSL’s on your server.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.