Increasing Rate Limits

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g., so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:

We are unable to generate a SSL due to an initial setup error that made the process unsuccessful. We have fixed and would like to increase the limit so that we can secure the site as soon as possible.

This is the error we receive now:

{ “type”: “urn:ietf:params:acme:error:rateLimited”, “detail”: “Error finalizing order :: too many certificates already issued for exact set of domains:, see”, “status”: 429 }

Is it possible to have the limit increased?

Hi @janice

there are 5 certificates created today.;include_subdomains:false;

Where are these certificates? Are they deleted? If yes, it's bad, you have to wait 7 days to create a new certificate with the same set of domain names. This limit is fixed.

You can create certificates with different sets of domain names, one certificate with, one with and use that. But there again - max. 5 identical certificates.


I am not sure where these certificates are. If I check the SSL/TLS Manager in CPANEL it does not show any certs. They were originally requested through the CPANEL let’s encrypt tool. The certs were never installed and all we were told from support was that we maxed the request.

So when is the soonest we can retry the SSL cert with the current limits in place? Is it possible to know a day/time?

But then they should be there. Or this installation is buggy.

What does that mean?

cPanel is a closed world. So if nobody has deleted certificates, they should be there. But if cPanel doesn't work, a new certificate creation doesn't work too -> same problem, nobody can find the certificate.

The Let’s Encrypt tool was selected in the CPANEL features, but SSL Host Installer was not. I was told by support this is what caused the issue initially. Since being told that the SSL Host Installer is now selected and we should have the original issue resolved.

Then you have two options

  • wait 7 days
  • create one certificate with one domain name (non-www), perhaps one certificate with the www-name and use these two certificates. But then you need two vHosts.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.