Im wonder if i hit the rate limit?

hi

I have used www.sslforfree.com for generating ssl certificates. However, I requested twice of the certificate with same FQDN within short period (around 10 minutes)(i’ll explain why below). I received the certificate successfully after first submission. The differences between two submissions is that I didn’t fill out my CSR on first submission. However, I was aware that the web service is based on Tomcat and I needed to request a certificate with my own CSR. Therefore, I filled out the second submission with my CSR. With second submission for the certificate I got the result below,

Certificate signature failed. If you supplied your own CSR make sure the domains on it match what you put on SSLForFree. If there is a rate limiting error at the end of this paragraph certificates per Domain is currently 5 per 7 days. Try asking Lets Encrypt to increase the limit or wait 7 days. Rate limits should increase in the near future. { “type”: “urn:acme:error:malformed”, “detail”: “Error parsing certificate request. Extensions in the CSR marked critical can cause this error: https://github.com/letsencrypt/boulder/issues/565”, “status”: 400 }

Im wonder if i hit the rate limit? I’ve only done the submission for twice. Could it possible reach the limit?

My domain is:file.cmes.com.tw

From that error, no it doesn’t look like you hit the rate limit.

Can you provide your CSR ?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.