I'm trying to renew my certificate, but I can't find where to renew it at. please help

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: smashinmerch.com

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version): I thing its Wordpress 5.3.2.

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: Ataama

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know):

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot):
I’m sorry I’m just starting out so I don’t quite know everything yet.

1 Like

Hi @Cassanderae

checking your domain you have a 70 days valid certificate - https://check-your-website.server-daten.de/?q=smashinmerch.com

CN=smashinmerch.com
expires in 70 days	
smashinmerch.com, www.smashinmerch.com - 2 entries

With both domain names, both connections (non-www and www) are secure.

Why do you want to renew your certificate?

I got 2 expiring emails saying my certificate was up on January 13, 2020, did it automatically renew? Also, I’m sorry but what is this date for if its not my expiration date?

1 Like

Please read the link shared in the mail.

1 Like

The details in the renewal e-mail explain that you don’t necessarily have to take any action if the old certificate has been replaced by a new certificate with a different structure (that covers more or fewer names). This can happen when you add coverage for the www. subdomain after having an old certificate that didn’t cover it. The Let’s Encrypt certificate authority doesn’t check how you are using your issued certificates and so doesn’t know whether or not you need renewals of each and every old version that you used to use.

In this case Jürgen’s site is giving you too much information: the “currently no newer certificates - read Crt.sh has stopped” part means that this section is not up to date because it takes data from another service that’s broken. Elsewhere on Jürgen’s site it says “13.03.2020 expires in 70 days” and that refers to a live check of your site.

I agree that you don’t have to do anything and that your renewals are working OK. Sorry that you’re being given so much seemingly-contradictory information about your renewal status!

2 Likes

Okay thank you that does help me a lot more.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.