I am recently encontering the ssl handshake error below when I try to login to my appliction though my SSL CERTIFICATE is not expired. 2024/02/19 00:09:01 [crit] 1274849#1274849: *243970 SSL_do_handshake() failed (SSL: error:0A00006C:SSL routines::bad ke

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: https://clinicbase.tech

I ran this command: ClinicBase

It produced this output: Internal Server Error: The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.

My web server is (include version):nginx/1.18.0 (Ubuntu)

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Ubuntu 22.04 (LTS) x64

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: Dot Tech

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know): No, it's disabled

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot): certbot 1.21.0

Kindly note that the application has been running on the server over the past 3Months. None of the server configuration files has been modified within this period. Your support is highly appreciated.

I suspect it is the client, not the server.
I can connect without error with my iPhone using Safari.

1 Like

Is that just something you see in your nginx log or are you actually getting an error from a browser?

Because various bots and scanners might make faulty requests intentionally and that can cause messages in your log. You don't need to worry about those.

See similar issue

3 Likes

Please update the apt version of certbot with the latest, and recommended, snap version.
See: Certbot Instructions | Certbot (eff.org)

1 Like

Below is the error message I get on the client's side. "Internal Server Error: The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application."

I have tried with different clients, but same issue.

I actually get the error message below on the client-side. "Internal Server Error: The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application."

I will try it and revert. Thanks.

1 Like

Many thanks for your support. My application is accessible now. I updated certbot according to @rg305 recommendation. I then restarted both the application server (gunicorn) and the web server (ngingx). The problem was then resolved.

2 Likes

Most likely resolved by the restart. Just a new Certbot won't affect comms in your server. It's still good that you have a current Certbot now.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.