How to setup Certbot SSL on Godaddy?

Hi, I'm new here. I'm trying to setup a free SSL. My site is on Godaddy shared hosting. The Certbot instructions page Certbot Instructions | Certbot requires me to select from 2 dropdowns. My site is running on linux but that's not an option so I selected other. Then I have no idea what to select in the second dropdown.

Can someone tell me what to select in those 2 dropdowns?

My domain is: doubledaremedia.com

I ran this command: na

It produced this output: na

My web server is (include version): Godaddy linux cpanel

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): I don't know.

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: Godaddy

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know): Yes

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): Yes, cpanel

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot): na

1 Like

Generally, using Certbot (and Let’s Encrypt) with Godaddy is difficult Let's Encrypt Certificates on GoDaddy Hosting - Let's Encrypt

But other clients are possible to use with Godaddy. You can search the forums for alternatives. It’s possible that your cpanel client has an integration too.

4 Likes

Many users have had a good experience with CertSage ACME client (version 1.2.0) - easy webpage interface, optimized for cPanel, no commands to type, root not required. However, as far as I know, it still requires manual renewing every 60 days instead of being fully automated.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.