How to Renew Let's encrypt Certificate

My domain is:Tutorialspan

My Let’s encrypt certificate has been expired. Can someone provide me links that how can I renew it?

My hosting provider is: GoDaddy

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better.

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know):

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

My web server : Apache

The operating system my web server : Linux

I can login to a root shell on my machine : I don’t know

I’m using a control panel to manage my site: yes

How did you get the certificate in the first place?

Which control panel?

I have install it through some Youtube Video.

I am using GoDaddy Cpanel with version 11.62.0.20

Sigh

My crystal ball has broken yesterday… Can you please elaborate? How can we help you if we have to guess? If you can’t recall the exact steps, you might want to search for the YT tutorial again on how to reproduce the steps.

Youtube Link

Through this link.

So, you used the client “gethttpsforfree.com”.

As that’s a manual client, you’ll have no way to automate the renewal, as the issuing wasn’t automated as wel. You’ll have to do the whole process again as the YouTube video explained, with a few remarks:

The account key you can re-use. I assume you have everything from the first certificate issuing stored somewhere safe, so you can just grab the old account key.

You can either generate a new CSR in cPanel (and use a new private key) or re-use the old CSR and private key. That’s up to you.

Aside from the two remarks above, you’ll have to follow every step again as explained in the video.

1 Like

So I have to do this process every 90 days.

Yes.

On shared hosting there’s almost no way to automate renewal, unless you have a hosting provider which has automatic Let’s Encrypt support.

See: Web Hosting who support Lets Encrypt

Thank you for your support. Can you tell me what process I have to do if I want to revert back to HTTP.

Disable HTTPS in cPanel.

How to do that in cpanel?

What have you tried yourself, just having learned this new information? What Google search did you try? What websites did you try? Why didn't it work?

This is a community of volunteers. We don't get paid answering these kind of questions. Please have a little bit more initiative.

1 Like

I will try and revert back to you. Thank you for support

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.