How to install cloudflare plugin for certbot on "Amazon Linux 2"

I would like to have a *.example.tld certificate and the ability to auto renew. Hence why im trying to setup certbot with cloudflare plugin.

I've had a look at the documentation here but i dont see ANY install instructions?
It says i need a configuration file, but am i editing a pre-exising file? creating a new one? where do i place it?
Could someone please post a step-by-step how to download, install, & configure the cloudflare plugin for certbot?

I ran this command:

sudo yum install -y https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/epel-release-latest-7.noarch.rpm
sudo yum-config-manager --enable epel
sudo yum install python2-certbot-nginx
sudo certbot --nginx

It produced this output:

"Client with the currently selected authenticator does not support any combination of challenges that will satisfy the CA. You may need to use an authenticator plugin that can do challenges over DNS"

Thus need cloudflare plugin setup?

My web server is (include version):

Amazon AWS EC2 (t2.micro)
LEMP stack (NGINX 1.12.2, MariaDB 10.2, PHP 7.2)
Wordpress 4.9.8

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

Operating System: Amazon Linux 2
Kernel: Linux 4.14.62-70.117.amzn2.x86_64
Architecture: x86-64

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):
Yes.

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):
No.

Hi,

Cloudflare plugin is not included in the certbot release yet.
Please download https://github.com/certbot/certbot/tree/master/certbot-dns-cloudflare & manually compile the plugin using setup.py…

Thank you

Hey really appreaciate the reply @stevenzhu =)
Your dealing with a n00b here, & ive never compiled something from git before
could you please provide more steps.

I imagine first step is

1. wget https://github.com/certbot/certbot/tree/master/certbot-dns-cloudflare ?
    EDIT: this didnt work.

ALSO, i notice in setup.ph it has “Apache License 2.0”, is it still going to work with NGINX?

Thx

PS: its your birthday? Happy Birthday !! :tada::cake::tada:

BUMP

Really stuck here guys, can someone help me out?
Your plugin documentation seems to just assume people know how to do stuff… im still learning

Hi @NedKelly,

If it's absolutely necessary, we can figure out a way to make it work, but I think the best answer would be to say that the Certbot CloudFlare plugin is not conveniently supported on Amazon Linux.

I'm sorry to refer people with DNS plugin problems to acme.sh so frequently, but it really has excellent DNS provider API support and (unlike some Certbot configurations) the DNS provider API is available through all installation methods.

Is it possible that this client could meet your needs instead of Certbot?

Normally you want to git clone resources that are on GitHub rather than wgetting them, at least if they're software source code rather than one individual file. However, I don't think this method will be particularly convenient for you in any case.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.