How to find ACME version configured on website in browser

Hello Support,

We have configured ACME version 2.1.2.641 on website. The website is working properly.

We are looking to find a way how to check which version of ACME configured on website in browser.

We have checked the certificate information in browser but did not found the 2.1.2.641 in that information.

Please hep us regarding this so we can find the ACME version configured on website while running in browser.

Thank You in Advance.

1 Like

Hi @malanisourabh,

The ACME client used to obtain the certificate is a part of the web server’s internal infrastructure and is never directly visible to visitors to the site. In particular, it’s not part of the certificate; all ACME clients and client versions get identical, indistinguishable certificates from the Let’s Encrypt service.

If you configure some kind of control panel for web-based administration of the server, it may be able to show server software versions to authorized administrators inside the panel. Otherwise, this isn’t an available feature of any server software that I know of.

Can you explain more about why you want visitors to the web site to be able to see this specific information?

2 Likes

My client is getting below information from Lets encrypt. But we have upgraded website from ACME v1 to ACME v2. I want show him Acme version somehow.

According to our records, the software client you’re using to get Let’s
Encrypt TLS/SSL certificates issued or renewed at least one HTTPS certificate
in the past two weeks using the ACMEv1 protocol. Here are the details of one
recent ACMEv1 request from each of your account(s):

Please check this and help to fix this.

1 Like

What is the name of your ACME client? "ACME" is the name of the protocol, and it only exists in two version: v1 and v2. If you don't know where to find that information, you can share a screenshot where you see "ACME version 2.1.2.641".

Thank you for your reply.

We have website and it is configured on windows server. So we have downloaded the ACME V2 from below link. We have setup certificate on website successfully.

https://www.win-acme.com/

My question is simple when we run the website in browser then if we go to certificate details then we can find the start and end date of certificate, so same way can we found ACME version like V1 or V2?

I have attached screenshot for understanding. Please check this and let us know if it is possible.

Thank you for your time.

What you are asking for is impossible. As @schoen said

1 Like

That makes sense, but as I've mentioned, this isn't possible.

Also, as @tdelmas has mentioned, Win-Acme is difference from ACME. In this case ACME is a protocol, while Win-Acme is a piece of software. The version 2.1.2.641 is a software release version, while the version "ACMEv2" is a protocol revision.

Nonetheless, you've done the right thing by upgrading the software, and it should solve the problem. If you want to show your client that everything is fixed, you might send screenshots of the software client interface and of its home page, or just a narrative of what you did to fix the problem. I know that might seem somewhat informal or unconvincing, but there is no technical way to allow visitors to websites to directly confirm this aspect of the websites' infrastructure.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.