How to delete existing SSL certificate?

Hi,
I’ve issued many SSL certificate by mistake for my site and now I am not able to enable my site HTTPS, so how can I delete my all certificate and issue a valid certificate again?

Hi @akhbaarnation

that's always wrong. Never delete certificates.

If you have hitted the rate limit, you have to wait.

Please read the basics:

2 Likes

Thanks @JuergenAuer, please tell me how can I issue duplicate certificate?

If you have hit the rate limit you will be unable to issue more certificates until the rate limit expires. Deleting or revoking certificates will not reset the limit since the resources used to issue the certificates have already been consumed.

You should use one of the certificates already created.

how can i use already created certificate?

Your configuration is unknown. Please answer all of the following questions:

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know):

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot):

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.